Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Still going...

First, I have to say how incredibly proud I am of Shannon! She is doing an amazing job training and fundraising. She just raised her goal to $5000.

Now, me. I'm doing okay with training and pretty decent with the fundraising. Although I haven't done any long runs with our team, I'm still hitting the gym and the treadmill. Mainly I use the Elliptical machine. My workouts usually consist of 40-45 minutes of Elliptical and another 10-15 on the treadmill. I do this to make sure I'm getting in the endurance part with out splitting open my knee cap or something. Doing the treadmill second is so that I can focus on the 'form' of running without, again, blowing out my leg.

I still on occasion re-injure my I T band doing a long run, but it takes more to hurt it with less recovery time. That's a good sign at least.

I had the day off yesterday morning with Shannon. We went to the gym together yesterday to work out before she had to go to work. Word of advise, DO NOT eat garlic chicken pasta before working out. Not a good idea. I had lunch probably two or three hours before the gym but once I began running...no, not that, major heartburn. How do you spell relief? Stop running! I was still able to get a good 30 minutes in. Note to self: Garlic and running-BAD!

No comments: